About Global Workforce
The H2A visa is a seasonal work visa in the fields of agriculture, horticulture and apiary.
- Period of stay is a maximum of 10 months for 3 years.
- Housing is supplied by the employer/host.
- No fees or charges to the worker.
- Employer is responsible to reimburse the worker's embassy fees and travel arrangements once they have completed 75% of the work contract.
- Paperwork and process is completed by the host.
- Worker’s involvement is very minimal.
- Global Workforce handles all the necessary steps of the process.
WFDS/Global Workforce Fee: Application process fee is $500 and $500 per worker, in addition a $75 per month per worker admin fee.
- DOL Fee: $100 plus $10 per worker.
- USCIS I-129 Petition Processing Fee: $460 (Department of Homeland Security).
- UPS Shipping: Any UPS shipping done during the process (Normally 2 total labels - 1 to host and 1 to Homeland Security).
- Advertising: $400-500 (Estimate).
- Round Trip Airfare must be provided/reimbursed after ¾ of work contract is completed: $1,200 (Estimate).
- Housing must be provided & the DOL/Job Service conducts a housing inspection every year.
- Highest of the Adverse Effective Wage Rate or Prevailing Wage must be paid (defined by the Department of Labor) Prevailing Wage for ND is at $13.64 p/hr. NY is at $12.83 per hour & this does change from year to year.
- Workman’s Comp must be provided.
- We will be charging a $120 retainer for audit assistance. This is good for up to 3 hours of audit time and will be reimbursed after 2 years, if not used.
The complete process can take anywhere from 75-120 days to get someone here on an H2A visa.